Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert
Light, Fluffy, and Delicious!
Recipe by Amanda Mason, Seville La Quintana Resident
Easter falls on April 21 this year and you know that with the warm weather coming around you are going to need a cool and light sweet treat to serve at your Easter dinner! And bonus time… you ready? It’s SUPER fast to make! No hassle, no bake, no mess!
Light, fluffy and guilt-free, this Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert is both fun and delicious! Pistachio pudding, pineapple and walnuts layered with Cool Whip and miniature marshmallows makes for the best-layered dessert! Have you heard of Watergate Salad? I remember my mom making this dessert for me as a little girl. But she didn’t call it Watergate Salad. She called it Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Dessert. And doesn’t that sound amazing?! And look at it…it looks as amazing as it sounds! And it’s gluten-free!
1 package Jell-O Pistachio Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling, 4 serving size 1, 20-oz can crushed pineapple, in juice 1/2 cup Walnut Pieces 3 1/4 cups mini marshmallows, divided 2, 8-ounce tubs COOL WHIP Topping, thawed Maraschino cherries with stems to top (use as many as you want!)
1. Stir the dry pudding mix, pineapple with juice, walnuts and 1 cup of the marshmallows in a large bowl until well blended.
2. Gently stir in 1 tub of the whipped topping.
3. Empty the remaining tub of whipped topping into separate medium bowl.
4. Add 2 cups of the marshmallows; mix lightly.
5. Spoon half of the pudding mixture into large serving bowl; cover with another layer of half of the marshmallow mixture.
6. Repeat both layers. Top with remaining 1-1/4 cups marshmallows and the cherries.
7. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Store leftover dessert in the fridge.