Mix It Up With Amanda
Recipe by Amanda Mason, Seville La Quintana Resident
If you have a recipe that you love, share it with your neighbors. Click the link at the bottom of this page and choose the Anything Else button to share your recipe!
I’m going to toot my own horn for a minute. And I’m OK with doing this because I NEVER do it. OK, so here goes. I have been told that I make AMAZING guacamole. I’ve had two different friends come to my house on different occasions when I was serving my homemade guacamole and they literally ate half of the HUGE bowl! That’s like eight or nine fresh avocados! Yeah…that good. And it’s the easiest recipe to make. And it’s quick! And now I’m going to share it with you because it’s summer and chips and guacamole are a summer staple.
5 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 Tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tablespoons shredded cheese, freshly grated
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 cup diced tomatoes, optional
- Cut your avocados horizontally. Remove the seed, spoon out the avocado and put into a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze as much of the juice out of your 4 limes as you can into the mixing bowl. I use a citrus press and it works wonders!
- Wash and then chop your fresh cilantro and place into the mixing bowl. Do the same with your onion and garlic clove.
- Sprinkle your cheese in the mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
- I take a potato masher and smash all my ingredients together in the mixing bowl. I then stir until it’s very well blended. Feel free to add a bit more garlic salt for taste if you feel it needs more.
- Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables. Store all leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Red Onion: This is an optional ingredient in my guacamole recipe but I always add it in! The red onion provides HUGE flavor to the guacamole! If you don’t like red onion, use a sweet Vidalia onion.
- Pomegranate Seeds: Some people like a sweet guacamole. If this is you, add in some fresh pomegranate seeds! They provide a super refreshing taste to your guacamole.
- Tomatoes: I like adding a small amount of fresh diced tomatoes into my guacamole!
- Corn: Adding cooked corn is a fun addition to your guacamole!
- Jalapeño: If you want to add a bit of spice to your guacamole, add some diced Jalapeño!
- Fresh Mango:…SO amazing in guac! Also…try fresh pieces!
- Cotija Cheese: Sometimes I switch out the freshly grated cheese and add in Cotija cheese instead. It’s YUMMY.
Owner | Recipes Worth Repeating
Owner | Amanda Mason Photography